Be sure to make some room if you are traveling to Colorado this summer or fall! The state has been showcasing unlimited agricultural products at farmers markets, rodeos and festivals during August, which has been declared “Colorado Proud” month. Below is a list of events where guests are invited to sample the many tastes of Colorado.
- Telluride Mushroom Festival (August 18-21). Celebrate all things fungal, from wild edibles to medicinal mushrooms grown in Telluride.
- Rocky Ford Watermelon Day (August 20). Have a taste of the world-renowned cantaloupes and watermelons produced in Rocky Ford, which has some of the most fertile soils in the nation.
- Colorado State Fair (August 26-September 5). There is something for everyone at the fair, from livestock shows and art exhibitions to cook-offs. Take part in the fun!
- Taste of Colorado (September 2-5). More than 500,000 people enjoy over 50 local food establishments at this end-of-summer celebration in Denver.
- Apple Fest (September 10). Take part in apple pie contests, old time demonstrations and family fun in Buena Vista at the Historic Turner farm.
- Colorado Mountain Wine Fest (September 15-18). Sample a variety of Colorado wines and participate in the Tour de Vineyards bicycle tour, which winds through 25 miles of the wine country and orchards of Palisade.
For more information on Colorado’s agricultural products, farmers markets and events, visit this website
Read more articles about Colorado at GoNOMAD