According to the National Ski Area Association, last year marked the second best ski season ever for U.S. ski resorts with 59.7 million skier visits.
In response, California is gearing up this season with enhanced improvements and savings direct to the consumer.
“California has a reputation for big winters,” said President and CEO Caroline Beteta of the California Travel and Tourism Commission (CTTC).
“And this year is shaping up to be another stellar season. As our seasoned skiers and riders may know, the snow is already starting to fly, and resorts are open for business.”
But before heading to the Golden State’s snowy terrain, take advantage of the many deals offered up at ski destinations across the state by visiting CTTC’s Winter Deals page, which went live November 12.
Visitors can choose from 33 specials and packages at ski resorts and lodging properties throughout Northern, Central and Southern California.
In addition to the many deals offered, California ski resorts have implemented a variety of improvements to enhance the skier and rider experience. And, for those who don’t ski, California has many new offerings throughout its 12 distinct regions that don’t involve the white stuff.
Following is a snapshot of a number of tourist destinations featuring a variety of new deals:
- High Sierra Region: Squaw Valley USA
- Central Coast Region: Carmel Valley Ranch
- Shasta Cascade Region: Whiskeytown National Recreation Area
- San Diego County Region: The Carlsbad Inn Beach Resort in North San Diego County
- Gold Country Region: Angels Camp
- Los Angeles County Region: Santa Monica Place Mall
- North Coast Region: Sonoma County’s Safari West
- Inland Empire Region: Lake Arrowhead Resort and Spa
- San Francisco Bay Area Region: The Marine Mammal Center and Aquarium
- Deserts Region: Death Valley National Park
- Central Valley Region: The University Park Inn & Suites in Davis
- Orange County Region: Huntington Beach
California Tourism’s events Web site also makes it easy to pinpoint special events during the time and location of your trip.
For a complete list head to CTTC’s official media page.
To read GoNOMAD stories about California click here.